LoudClick Content Marketing Internship
Content creation and online marketing require a certain "knowing" that experience helps hone. For companies to take full advantage of the opportunities that abound today, they need to think smaller, more personal and less corporate. It isn't about better corporate communications, it's about great companies having the guts to let their great people talk about, promote, challenge and redefine the company in a manner consistent with the brand. Our job is to help companies unlock their inner content and share it with the world in meaningful ways.
LoudClick is an online marketing agency. We conduct Content Marketing strategies for our clients in today's post-social media environment using a variety of tools including our own ClickWrite Website Platform. We are looking for Communications, Journalism and/or PR students to provide them a content/social media/search marketing and PR campaign learning opportunity. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who will perform basic content creation with exposure to many online communication vehicles.
Here's the offer:
3 month internship (20 hours/week) - unpaid but provides an amazing resume builder and access to some stellar minds in the industry.
Our company structure and contact with our clients has a heavy emphasis on virtual interaction with most meetings conducted online. This will require a certain amount of adjustment for those used to an office environment. However, we believe the flexibility this provides creates additional productivity and growth opportunities. If you can hold yourself accountable to the goals and deadlines set, we don't really care what hour of the day you work. We will likely have a daily check in (upon mutual agreement) and weekly in-person meetings.
We anticipate the following duties:
- Content Creation
- Media release creation/distribution
- Social media monitoring/interaction
- Basic website building
- Web Analytic and other measurement metric gathering
- eNewsletter article creation (potential editorial role)
- eNewlsletter subscription list maintenance
- Enrolled student status at time of internship award
- Innate online communication curiosity
- Strong computer literacy
- Social media interaction knowledge and comfort
- Copywriting skills
- Media release writing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player with strong leadership streak
- Self-motivated with willingness to be proactive and unafraid of new challenges
- Serious intent to do good in the world
- Positive attitude
- Serious work ethic
- Access to a computer with reliable internet access
Not required but really helpful:
- Personal knowledge and use of Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, Google+, Pinterest- other social media
- Google Apps and Docs familiarization
- HTML coding knowledge
- Image manipulation skills (Photoshop, etc)
- Video skills
This internship will remain valid until filled.
In order to be considered for The LoudClick Content Marketing Internship we will need:
- Cover letter - including your thoughts on the following:
- Goals - what do you want to get out of this internship
- Why you're applying
- Internship period you are seeking (i.e. when you can start)
- Virtual officing
- Reference Letter from your favorite instructor
- Content and/or Writing Samples you wish to share
When you pull this together, please email the package to: internships(at)loudclick.net - also, feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the LoudClick Content Marketing Internship.